- The main European Institutions
- Other institutions and advisory bodies
- The EU's legislative procedure
- Prospects of European governance
- Bibliography on the European institutions
In the first part of this chapter is analysed the structure and the role of the institutions or organs of the European Union. In the second part is examined their interaction which leads to the formation and enforcement of European law, as well as to the development of the common policies that are the main subject of this book. In the third part of the chapter we make some suggestions for a drastic reform of the institutions in view of the enlargement of the EC/EU and its evolution towards a political union.