CAP management and financing
- Consultations of interested parties and experts at EU level
- Management of the common agricultural policy
- Financing of the common agricultural policy
- Control of agricultural expenditure at European level
- Agrimonetary questions and the euro
The unity of the European Union's agricultural market requires common prices, common support instruments for these prices, common external protection, joint financing and, in general, joint management, for which the European Commission has responsibility. The Commission, as for other areas of EU activity, is also invested with the power of initiative, i.e. the power to make proposals [see section 4.1.2]. Hence, the genesis of any agricultural policy measure, adopted by politicians in the Parliament and the Council, is a Commission proposal, based on technocratic criteria [see section 4.3].